Our Representative Jon Burns.
Trusted. Conservative. Leadership.
Growing A Brighter Future for Us.
I am incredibly thankful for the opportunity to serve my neighbors and community in the Georgia General Assembly. The trust you have placed in me is an honor and responsibility that I will never take for granted.
While growing up, raising a family and building a business in our community, I have learned that the values that we all hold dear—the values of hard work, honesty, doing what’s right, the importance of faith and family and that our conservative values – are worth fighting for.
That’s why I ran for the State House many years ago. Those are the principles that have fueled me during my time as your Representative.
At the State Capitol, I have always put the interests of our community first by being a bold voice for our families, businesses, and our conservative values.
As a father and grandfather, the job at hand has become even clearer: I understand that the decisions made today will impact the lives of our children and grandchildren for years to come. That’s why my mission has always been and will always remain to plant the seeds needed to grow a brighter future.
I am proud of my record and the record of the Georgia General Assembly. The future is growing brighter in Georgia thanks to conservative leadership.
- Grown a Stronger Economy. We have reduced regulations and limited the size of government, cut taxes, protected our farmers and agribusinesses, secured funding for the deepening of the Savannah Port, and eliminated the sales tax on energy in manufacturing. These improvements, among other conservative reforms, have created over 230,000 new jobs in Georgia and have led to Georgia being named the #1 state in the nation to do business..
- Balanced Budgets. While the national debt continues to grow, I have consistently supported and the Legislature has continued to pass balanced state budgets that have funded Constitutional priorities and protected taxpayers.
- Prioritized Education. In recent years we have made education a priority by adding additional resources as well as implementing reforms to ensure our children get the education they deserve. And we have made sure that the HOPE Scholarship is preserved for future generations.
- Protected The Constitution and Our Values. I have been proud to support efforts to protect human life, preserve and expand our 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, and protect our rights to practice our faith.
- Stood Up to Washington. In recent years we have supported efforts to protect Georgians from radical policies coming from the federal government. Among these efforts, we have blocked the implementation of Obamacare in Georgia and curbed illegal immigration.
- Improved Our Infrastructure. I have worked tirelessly to ensure that the communities in House District 159 receive the resources that are needed to move our counties forward. Just recently, thanks to transportation reforms passed in 2015, Effingham will receive funding for Effingham Parkway and Bulloch County will receive funding for the widening of State Road 67. Screven County will receive funding for road and bridge repairs.
I am also honored to serve as Majority Leader—a position that allows me to better advocate for our district and our values. But despite my leadership position and the responsibilities it entails, I will never forget that I am at the State Capitol to serve you.
Thank you again for the opportunity to represent our community in Atlanta. Please contact me at any time if I can be of assistance to you.